Regulatory innovation for health products: Information to Canadians – mobile strategy
On this page
Reasons for a mobile-first strategy
Health Canada has a mandate to provide health information to Canadians so they can make informed decisions about their health. We currently deliver a broad selection of services that provide Canadians with reliable health product information.
Mobile smartphone platforms have become the dominant avenue from which consumers receive their information. We recognize that our current services are not designed with the mobile experience in mind.
Health Canada is advancing a mobile-first strategy to respond to this changing landscape. This will enhance how we deliver health product information through a consumer-focused lens.
Our mobile-first strategy will:
- leverage the health product information currently available
- build existing services through the development of a mobile platform
This platform will make the health product information Canadians rely on more accessible and useful. Our plan is to provide a mobile experience that:
- empowers Canadians to maintain and improve their health
- is regarded and referenced as an authoritative source of choice for health product information
- delivers credible and unbiased information and modern services that are tailored to consumer needs and expectations
Upcoming opportunities for comment
We will engage with Canadians throughout 2020 and 2021 as we design the platform. We anticipate rolling out the mobile app by the end of 2021.
Resource Management and Operations Directorate
Health Products and Food Branch
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: