Canadian Pain Task Force Meeting: August 29, 2019
Canadian Pain Task Force Meeting: August 29 2019, 15:00-17:00 EST
- Review revised outline of the second Task Force report due in June 2020
- Continue planning stakeholder and public engagement activities
- Plan for the Western Regional Stakeholder Workshop
Melissa Anderson, Fiona Campbell, Manon Choinière, Hani El-Gabalawy, Jacques Laliberté, Linda Wilhelm, Maria Hudspith
Regrets: Jaris Swidrovich
Secretariat: Andrea Currie, Andrew Taylor, Megan Wyszynski, Baies Haqani
Affiliations and Interests
No changes declared
The Secretariat provided an overview of the meeting objectives, the revised report outline and the engagement plan.
Revised Task Force report outline
- Members discussed including economic data when available to frame some elements of the report (e.g., providing information on cost-benefit of pain management strategies, noting financial barriers to care).
- Members noted the opportunity for improved health surveillance and research resulting from new ICD-11 codes for chronic pain.
- Members requested the outline be shared with External Advisory Panel members for review and input.
- Task Force members conducted more detailed planning of the engagement activities including the regional workshops, national online consultation, themed meetings, and specific activities to engage Indigenous Peoples.
- Task Force members brainstormed additional conferences and meetings that could be leveraged to engage more stakeholders in the discussion around best practices.
- Task Force members offered specific suggestions to facilitate focused discussions at the Western Regional Workshop scheduled to take place on the margins of the Pain Society of Alberta annual conference.
- Secretariat to distribute report outline and engagement plan to the Advisory Panel for review and input
- Secretariat to draft a discussion guide for the regional workshops
- The next scheduled meeting is a joint meeting of the Task Force and Advisory Panel via videoconference on September 19, 2019
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: