Consultation on the Instrument Choice Framework for the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act
Current status: Open
Opened on December 18, 2020 and will close to new input on February 16, 2021.
The Consumer Product Safety Program (the Program) is inviting comments on the Instrument Choice Framework for the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act. The Framework outlines:
- the Program's approach to decision-making when addressing consumer product risks
- key instruments used by the Program in its risk management activities
- the five principles that will guide the Program in its efforts to mitigate consumer product risks and help protect the health and safety of Canadians
The Instrument Choice Framework is intended to:
- provide clarity, transparency and information to stakeholders and consumers on the principles and considerations associated with instrument choice decisions for consumer products by the Program
- provide a clear indication of the Program's expectations for product safety with respect to consumer products
We will respond to comments received during the consultation period, before publishing the final Instrument Choice Framework.
A summary of the final Instrument Choice Framework will be posted on Canada.ca and a complete copy of the Framework will be provided upon request. A notice of publication will also be sent to subscribers of the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act Electronic Newsletter.
How to participate
To participate in this consultation, send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest and to request a comment package. We will then email you a copy of the Framework consultation document and instructions on how to provide your comments.
This consultation will be available for 60 days, between December 18, 2020 and February 16, 2021.
Who is the focus of this consultation
- General Canadian public
- Interested stakeholders
- The Canada Consumer Product Safety Act
- The Canada Consumer Product Safety Act Electronic Newsletter
- Consumer Product Safety News
External Relations Division
Consumer and Hazardous Products Safety Directorate
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: