Consultation on the proposed Tents Regulations
Current status: Closed
This consultation was open from June 17, 2023 to August 26, 2023.
Health Canada sought feedback on the proposed Tents Regulations which were published in the Canada Gazette, Part I on June 17, 2023.
The proposed amendments intend to:
- Update the existing fire-safety labelling and flammability performance requirements of the Tents Regulations with the requirements set out in the national standard CAN/CGSB-182.1-2020 Flammability and Labelling Requirements for Tents, using an ambulatory incorporation by reference
- Include children's play tents in the Toys Regulations by adding appropriate fire-safety labelling and flammability performance requirements from the international standard ISO 8124-2:2014 Safety of toys — Part 2: Flammability, for these products and defining them as a "toy intended to be entered by a child"
- Update the Textile Flammability Regulations to exclude products captured in the scope of the amended Toys Regulations
The public was invited to submit comments on the proposed Tents Regulations, using the online portal.
The Government of Canada is using an online portal for stakeholders to provide comments on proposed Regulations. This feature was developed to strengthen the transparency and accountability of Canada's regulatory consultation process and make it easier to submit comments on proposed regulations.
All comments were reviewed by Health Canada and are being considered as part of the regulatory development process. Health Canada verified that the content complies with Government of Canada rules on content, privacy, hate speech, foul language, etc. Now that the comment period has closed, the approved comments were posted in the Canada Gazette website.
This consultation was open for comment for 70 days, from June 17, 2023 to August 26, 2023.
Who is the focus of this consultation
- Industry stakeholders and professional associations
- General Canadian public
- Indigenous peoples
- Testing Laboratories
- Consumer and non-governmental advocacy groups
- Canada Consumer Product Safety Act
- Tents Regulations
- Toys Regulations
- Textile Flammability Regulations
Risk Management Strategies Division
Consumer and Hazardous Products Safety Directorate
Healthy Environments and Consumer Safety Branch
269 Laurier Avenue West, Mail Stop: 4908B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0K9
- Date modified: