Health system and services
Learn about Canada's health care system and services. This includes health cards, primary health care, hospital and continuing care, funding and coverage for pharmaceuticals.
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- Health care for First Nations and Inuit
- Calendar of health promotion days
- Careers at Health Canada
- Apply now for nursing positions
- Skills Online for public health practitioners
- Master's programs in public health
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Canada's Health Care System Report
- Canada's Health Care System (Medicare)
Services and information
Discover information about health care card services and benefits. Find out how to apply for a health card in your province or territory.
Find out about our health care system, including the role of provinces and territories. Also find information on the types of care available and coverage for pharmaceuticals.
Explore all the health-related services and benefits offered in Canada.
Access information on funding programs that help maintain and improve Canada's health care system. Also find grant and contribution funding opportunities.
Get information on careers and professional development, hazardous materials, and health and safety training in the workplace and school programs.
Find information on public consultations conducted by the government on health-related topics.
Find information about Health Canada's external advisory bodies.
The calendar features health awareness days, weeks and months.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Canada Health Transfer, Canada Social Transfer and Wait Times Reduction Transfer Regulations
- Veterans Health Care Regulations
- Canada Health Care, Early Childhood Development and Other Social Services Funding Act
- Special Counting of Prior Service Regulations (Health Care Services for the Benefit of the Canadian Forces)
- Canada Health Act Annual Report 2014-2015
- Canada’s Health Care System Report
- Report of the Advisory Panel on Healthcare Innovation
- Unleashing Innovation: Excellent Healthcare for Canada
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: