Health system and services
Canada's health care system and services. Health cards, primary health care, hospital and continuing care, funding and coverage for pharmaceuticals.
Working together to improve health care for Canadians
On February 7, 2023, the Government of Canada announced an investment of more than $198 billion over 10 years, including over $48 billion in new funding, to improve health care services for Canadians.
Services and information
Health care card services and benefits. How to apply for a health card in your province or territory.
Health care system
Our health care system. The role of provinces and territories. Types of care available and coverage for pharmaceuticals.
Health services and benefits
Health-related services and benefits. Canada Dental Benefit. Home, continuing, hospital and end-of-life care. Programs for First Nations and Inuit. Health for Veterans.
Funding programs that help maintain and improve Canada's health care system. Grant and contribution funding opportunities.
Careers and professional development, hazardous materials, and health and safety training in the workplace and school programs.
Public consultations conducted by the government on health-related topics.
External Advisory Bodies
Health Canada's external advisory bodies.
Calendar of health promotion days
Health awareness days, weeks and months.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Canada Health Transfer, Canada Social Transfer and Wait Times Reduction Transfer Regulations
- Veterans Health Care Regulations
- Canada Health Care, Early Childhood Development and Other Social Services Funding Act
- Special Counting of Prior Service Regulations (Health Care Services for the Benefit of the Canadian Forces)
- Canada Health Act Annual Report 2014-2015
- Canada's Health Care System Report
- Report of the Advisory Panel on Healthcare Innovation
- Unleashing Innovation: Excellent Healthcare for Canada
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: