Consultation - Reducing Youth Access and Appeal of Vaping Products: Potential Regulatory Measures
From Health Canada
Current status: Open
Opened on April 11, 2019 and will close on May 25, 2019.
This consultation offers interested parties the opportunity to provide comments to inform the development of proposed regulatory measures that aim to reduce youth access and appeal of vaping products.
Join in: how to participate
Read the consultation document and submit your comments to the Tobacco Products Regulatory Office, Health Canada.
Send us an email
Share your comments and ideas by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participate by mail
Send a letter with your ideas and input to the address in contact information below.
Who is the focus of this consultation
We will engage with:
- non-governmental organizations
- provincial and territorial governments
- health care providers and associations
- tobacco control experts - domestic and international
- the general public
Key areas for discussion
This consultation will gather comments on additional regulatory measures that would aim to reduce youth use of vaping products, including:
- prohibiting the manufacture and sale of vaping products with certain flavours or flavour ingredients and/or prohibiting the promotion of certain flavours
- restricting the concentration and/or delivery of nicotine in vaping products
- regulating design features
- restricting online retail access
- restricting product packaging
- increasing regulatory transparency and openness
Input gathered through this consultation will be used to inform the development of proposed regulations to further reduce youth access and appeal of vaping products.
- Tobacco and Vaping Products Act
- About Vaping
- Youth Vaping Prevention Public Education Campaign
- Notice of Intent - Potential Measures to Reduce the Impact of Vaping Products Advertising on Youth and Non-users of Tobacco Products
Tobacco Products Regulatory Office
Tobacco Control Directorate, Controlled Substances and Cannabis Branch
Address Locator 0301A, 150 Tunney's Pasture Driveway
Ottawa, ON K1A 0K9
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: