Consultation - Reducing Youth Access and Appeal of Vaping Products: Potential Regulatory Measures - Closed
Current status: Closed
The consultation ran from April 11, 2019 to May 25, 2019.
See the What We Heard: Reducing Youth Access and Appeal of Vaping Products - Consultation Summary for summaries of the discussions that took place.
This consultation offered interested parties the opportunity to provide comments to inform the development of proposed regulatory measures that aim to reduce youth access and appeal of vaping products.
Who was the focus of this consultation
We engaged with:
- non-governmental organizations
- provincial and territorial governments
- health care providers and associations
- tobacco control experts - domestic and international
- the general public
Key areas for discussion
This consultation gathered comments on additional regulatory measures that would aim to reduce youth use of vaping products, including:
- prohibiting the manufacture and sale of vaping products with certain flavours or flavour ingredients and/or prohibiting the promotion of certain flavours
- restricting the concentration and/or delivery of nicotine in vaping products
- regulating design features
- restricting online retail access
- restricting product packaging
- increasing regulatory transparency and openness
The input gathered through this process will be used to inform the development of proposed regulations to further reduce youth access and appeal of vaping products.
- Tobacco and Vaping Products Act
- About Vaping
- Youth Vaping Prevention Public Education Campaign
- Notice of Intent - Potential Measures to Reduce the Impact of Vaping Products Advertising on Youth and Non-users of Tobacco Products
Tobacco Products Regulatory Office
Tobacco Control Directorate, Controlled Substances and Cannabis Branch
Address Locator 0301A, 150 Tunney's Pasture Driveway
Ottawa, ON K1A 0K9
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: