Consultation questions on the proposed regulations for edible cannabis, cannabis extracts, and cannabis topicals
Download the alternative format
(PDF format, 77 KB, 2 pages)
On December 20, 2018, Health Canada launched a consultation on proposed regulations for edible cannabis, cannabis extracts, and cannabis topicals. The questions below are part of an online questionnaire being used to collect feedback. For more information on the consultation, please see: Consultation: Strict regulation of edible cannabis, extracts and topicals.
The consultation will close on February 20, 2019.
- What do you think about the proposed THC limits for the new classes of cannabis products?
- Do you think the proposed new rules addressing the types of ingredients and additives that could be used in edible cannabis, cannabis extracts, and cannabis topicals appropriately address public health and safety risks while enabling sufficient product diversity?
- Do you think that the proposed rules for other classes of cannabis will accommodate a variety of oil-based products for various intended uses, even though cannabis oil would no longer be a distinct class of cannabis?
- What do you think about the proposed six-month transition period for cannabis oil? Is a six-month transition period sufficient?
- What do you think about the proposed new rules for the packaging and labelling of the new classes of cannabis products?
- With respect to edible cannabis, what do you think about the requirement for all products to be labelled with a cannabis-specific nutrition facts table?
- What do you think about the proposal for the labelling of small containers and the option to display certain information on a peel-back or accordion panel?
- What do you think about the proposal that the standardized cannabis symbol would be required on vaping devices, vaping cartridges, and wrappers?
- Do you think that the proposed new good production practices, such as the requirement to have a Preventive Control Plan, appropriately address the risks associated with the production of cannabis, including the risk of product contamination and cross-contamination?
- What do you think about the requirement that the production of edible cannabis could not occur in a building where conventional food is produced?
- What do you think about the overall regulatory proposal?
- Are there any additional comments you would like to share on the proposed regulations for the new classes of cannabis?
- Are there any additional comments you would like to share regarding the legalization and strict regulation of cannabis in Canada? For example, are there measures the Government could take to support individuals to be in compliance with the public possession limits for cannabis (i.e. 30 grams of dried cannabis "or equivalent")? Do you have views on how to minimize environmental concerns associated with packaging, while maintaining key aspects, such as child resistant packaging, that help to prevent accidental consumption?
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: