Toward the legalization, regulation and restriction of access to marijuana
Current status: The public consultation is now closed. Thank you for your interest.
The Task Force is engaging Canadians on key questions related to the legalization, regulation and restriction of access to marijuana.
This is an opportunity to provide your input for a period of 60 days, between June 30 and August 29, 2016.
The Government of Canada has made a commitment to legalize, strictly regulate and restrict access to marijuana. To do this, a task force has been created to advise on the design of a new system. The Task Force is seeking the views of Canadians on issues that are key to the design of a new system. They will then provide the federal government with a final report.
The Task Force is seeking input from:
- provincial, territorial and municipal governments
- experts in relevant fields
- Indigenous governments and representative organizations
The Government of Canada has prepared a discussion paper to support this consultation, which:
- outlines the objectives of the new system for restricted access to marijuana
- identifies specific issues and options on which the government is seeking advice and input
How to participate
You can provide your input by completing the online consultation. The consultation is in the form of a discussion paper that's split into 5 sections covering different topics. Each of the 5 sections has a questionnaire at the end to record your input. You may:
- fill out any or all of the questionnaires while the consultation is open, and/or
- choose to attach a document (such as a proposal or scientific paper) to any of the questionnaires
Each topic is presented in a separate section so you can provide input to the topics that interest you. However, you will be asked to provide some of the same information (e.g., province in which you live) at the beginning of each section.
If you prefer, you can read the full discussion paper and provide input later.
You can also provide your input by sending us:
Cannabis Legalization and Regulation Secretariat
Address locator 0602E
Ottawa, ON K1A 0K9
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: