Classic Overnight Oats
A fantastic grab-and-go breakfast that is easy and incredibly versatile.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 75 mL (1⁄3 cup) lower fat plain yogurt
- 60 mL (1⁄4 cup) large flake oats
- 125 mL (1⁄2 cup) lower fat milk, unsweetened fortified soy beverage or water
- 60 mL (1⁄4 cup) frozen strawberries
- 2 mL (1⁄2 tsp) cinnamon
- Whisk together all ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Spoon into a jar or container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight before eating.
- Switch it up! Use your favorite seasonal fruit instead of frozen strawberries. In the summer, try peaches, plums, or blueberries.
- Get creative with other ingredients you have in the kitchen! Here is an idea: try grated carrot and apples.
- Eat overnight oats cold or warm. If you prefer them warmed, heat up in the microwave before eating.
- Double, triple or quadruple this recipe, depending on how many you are feeding.
- Little chefs can help mix the ingredients.
Categories: vegetarian, 30 min or less, no-cook
Learn about food safety
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: