Good production practices guide for cannabis
Health Canada has developed an update to this document in anticipation of the coming into force of the amendments to the Cannabis Regulations. Please visit our webpage for the updated version.
Related guides and help
- Cannabis licensing application guide
- Cannabis recalls, adverse reactions and reporting
- Compliance and enforcement policy for the Cannabis act
- Limits for residual solvents in cannabis products
- Mandatory cannabis testing for pesticide active ingredients – Requirements
- Other guidance for producing and selling cannabis
- Q2B: Validation of analytical procedures: methodology
Related acts and regulations
This document will provide guidance to federally regulated holders of a licence under the Cannabis Act on how to meet the requirements of Part 5: Good Production Practices (GPP) of the Cannabis Regulations.
Who this guide is for
This document is for licence holders under the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations.
In this guide
- 1. Purpose
- 2. Background
- 3. Scope
- 4. Definitions and abbreviations
- 5. Good Production Practices: Regulatory Requirements
- 6. Contact us
- 7. Feedback – Help us improve
- 8. Appendix A: GPP requirements by licence class
- 9. Appendix B: GPP requirements by class of cannabis
- 10. Appendix C: Part 2 – Licensing requirements related to GPP
- 11. Appendix D: Part 6 – Cannabis Products requirements related to GPP
- 12. Appendix E: Part 11 – Retention of Documents and Information requirements related to GPP
Details and history
Published: July 5, 2019
Licence holders who have questions about the information or requirements in this guide are invited to contact the Controlled Substances and Cannabis Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions related to Health Canada inspections, licence holders may contact the Regulatory Operations and Enforcement Branch at email@example.com
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: