5th North America Consumer Product Safety Summit 2021
A PDF version of this webpage is also available in Spanish.
About the Summit
Health Canada is hosting the 5th North America Consumer Product Safety Summit virtually on September 22 and 23, 2021.
This public event will bring together North American product safety regulators: Health Canada's Consumer Product Safety Program (CPSP), Mexico's Consumer Protection Federal Agency (PROFECO), and the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (U.S. CPSC). Industry stakeholders and other interested parties from across North America are invited and encouraged to attend.
The Summit will include a series of panels moderated by regulators, where speakers will discuss current trends in consumer product safety and emerging issues in the context of today's marketplace. Participants will also gain a better understanding of the bilateral and trilateral work that has taken place over the last decade.
The 2021 Summit coincides with the tenth anniversary of the inaugural Summit held in the United States in 2011.
Participants can register for both days of the event on the Summit's Eventbrite page.
Registration is free and allows participants to enter the event through Zoom. The Summit is open to all stakeholders. Simultaneous translation will be available in English, French, and Spanish.
For questions about the Summit, registration, or technical assistance during the Summit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 22, 2021
Events taking place on the first day of the Summit include:
- Keynote speaker - Dr. Harpreet S. Kochhar, Associate Deputy Minister, Health Canada
- Regulators panel
- Panel on E-Commerce and COVID-19
- Panel on Safety of Seniors
September 23, 2021
Events taking place on the second day of the Summit include:
- Panel on Internet of Things
- Panel on Safety by Design
- Release of the Joint Statement
To request an accessible version of the agenda, please contact email@example.com.
The Summit will feature experts on consumer product safety trends and issues, including:
- Thyme Burdon, Project Manager, Working Party on Consumer Product Safety, Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Jim Closs, National Director, Age Safe Canada
- Pinuccia Contino, Head of Unit, Product Safety and Rapid Alert System, DG Justice and Consumers, European Commission
- Randy Cooper, VP of Technical Operations and Standards, Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM)
- Sadie Dainton, Vice-Chair, International Organization for Standardization, Committee on Consumer Policy (ISO COPOLCO)
- Mark Fellin, Head of Product Trust & Regulatory Compliance, Amazon
- Arlene Flecha, Program Manager, Office of International Programs, US Consumer Product Safety Commission (U.S. CPSC)
- Ana Luisa Gamble, Gerontology Director, Instituto Nacional de las Personas Adultas Mayores (INAPAM)
- Susan Kirsch, Senior Director, Regulatory Affairs and Compliance, Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA)
- Molly Lynyak, Manager, Technical Committee Operations, ASTM International
- Patricia Pelletier, Director, Assessment, Information and Engagement Bureau, Consumer and Hazardous Products Safety Directorate, Health Canada
- Deborah Prince, Standards Program Manager, Underwriters Laboratories
- Rafael Regla, Head of Multilateral Affairs, PROFECO
- Antonino Serra Cambaceres, Advocacy Manager, Consumers International
- Lisa Trofe, Managing Director, Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: