Consumer Product Safety
Health Canada helps protect the Canadian public by researching, assessing and collaborating in the management of the health risks and safety hazards associated with the many consumer products, including pest management products, that Canadians use everyday.
Health Canada is actively involved in injury prevention by:
- Supporting the development of safety standards and guidelines.
- Enforcing legislation by conducting investigations, inspections, seizures and prosecutions.
- Testing and conducting research on consumer products.
- Providing importers, manufacturers and distributors with hazard and technical information.
- Publishing product advisories, warnings and recalls.
- Promoting safety and the responsible use of products.
To enhance your safety, Health Canada works in partnership with:
- All levels of Governmental agencies and programmes
- National, regional, and international groups
- The Canadian Public
Want to report an incident?
What Information is Available?
This section contains product information tailored to reach a wide audience.
Parents and caregivers:
Industry and Professionals:
- For Industry and Professionals
An index page providing information on related guidance and regulations intended for industry and professional audiences.
- Contact us for further information on manufacturing, importing or selling consumer products in Canada
- Information is available on the following hazards related to Consumer Products; Chemical, Flammability and Mechanical and Electrical
- Legislation and Guidelines
- Letters, Notices and Information for Industry
- Read our reports, industry guides and publications
- Subscribe to Consumer Product Safety News
- Subscribe for email updates about the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: