Notices of Violation under the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act
As a regulator, Health Canada plays an important role in protecting the health and safety of Canadians and is committed to openness and transparency to further strengthen public trust in our regulatory decisions.
Health Canada uses a number of compliance and enforcement tools in administering the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act (CCPSA). For example, under the CCPSA the Minister has the authority to order a company to recall a dangerous product or to take certain measures, such as to stop the manufacture, import, advertising or sale of a product in order to correct a non-compliance with the Act or the regulations.
Failure to comply with an order may result in Health Canada issuing a Notice of Violation (NoV). As part of a NoV, a company may be required to pay a financial penalty, called an Administrative Monetary Penalty (AMP). The AMP is a compliance and enforcement tool that assigns a penalty to companies that do not comply with an order made under the CCPSA. The penalty is based on the company’s compliance history, the type of order violated and the classification of the alleged violation.
A NoV Report informs Canadians as to which companies have been issued a NoV related to an order issued by Health Canada and contains the following information:
- The name of the company and its location
- The product description
- A description of the non-compliance
- A brief description of the alleged contravention of the order
- The date of the alleged contravention of the order
- The classification of the alleged violation under the Administrative Monetary Penalties (Consumer Products) Regulations (AMPR)
- The date when the notice of the alleged violation was issued and the associated penalty amount calculated according to the AMPR
NoVs Issued under the CCPSA:
- Spencer Gifts (Canada) Inc. - Spirit Fake Spray Blood
- Spencer Gifts (Canada) Inc. - Spirit Black Feather Angel Wings
- Spencer Gifts (Canada) Inc. - Spirit White Feather Angel Wings
- 1694438 Ontario Inc. - Spirit Fake Spray Blood
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: