Notice - Prescription Drug List (PDL): Triamcinolone acetonide
January 14, 2015
Our file number: 15-100296-656
The purpose of this Notice of Amendment is to announce the revised listing for Adrenocortical hormones to allow the nonprescription use of triamcinolone acetonide for the conditions listed below. This revision was announced in a Notice of Intent to Amend posted on July 14, 2014. Only the Human part of the PDL has been revised.
The wording of the revised listing is:
Drugs containing any of the following:
- Adrenocortical hormones or their salts or derivatives
Including (but not limited to):
- hydrocortisone, hydrocortisone acetate, hydrocortisone valerate, hydrocortisone sodium succinate, clobetasone butyrate, difluprednate and triamcinolone acetonide
- hydrocortisone or hydrocortisone acetate, when sold as a single medicinal ingredient in a concentration that provides 1.0% or less hydrocortisone in preparations for topical use on the skin; or,
- hydrocortisone or hydrocortisone acetate, when sold in combination with any other nonprescription medicinal ingredient that provides 1.0% or less hydrocortisone in preparations for topical use on the skin; or,
- clobetasone butyrate when sold in a concentration of 0.05% in cream preparations for topical use on the skin.
- Triamcinolone acetonide in a nasal spray that delivers 55 microgram (mcg)/spray for those 12 years of age and older.
Effective Date: January 14, 2015
Should you have any questions on this update to the Prescription Drug List, please contact:
Prescription Drug Status Committee
Holland Cross, Tower B, 2nd Floor
1600 Scott Street
Address Locator 3102C3
- Date modified: