Guidance documents – Contaminated sites – Environmental and workplace health
The guidance documents below are intended for use by federal government custodial departments responsible for the assessment, management and/or remediation of contaminated sites in Canada, and their consultants, to conduct assessments of the human health risks associated with federal contaminated sites.
- Overview of Health Canada guidance documents related to human health risk assessment of federal contaminated sites
- Guidance on human health preliminary quantitative risk assessment, version 3.0
- Toxicological reference values, version 3.0
- Part III: Guidance on peer review of human health risk assessments for federal contaminated sites in Canada, version 2.0
- Part IV: Spreadsheet tool for human health preliminary quantitative risk assessment (discontinued)
- Part V: Guidance on human health detailed quantitative risk assessment for chemicals (DQRACHEM)
- Part VI: Guidance on human health detailed quantitative radiological risk assessment (DQRARAD)
- Air quality, version 2.0
- Checklist for peer review of detailed human health risk assessment (HHRA)
- Contaminated sediments: Direct contact pathway
- Country foods (HHRAFoods)
- Developing a contract statement of work (SOW) for human health preliminary quantitative risk assessment (PQRA) and detailed quantitative risk assessment (DQRA)
- Indoor settled dust
- Oral bioavailability of substances in soil and soil-like media
- Soil Vapour Intrusion Assessment, Version 2.0
Supplemental guidance documents on other aspects of human health risk assessment will be published from time to time, as the need is identified.
Health Canada has also developed a series of guidance documents that will consolidate best practices in stakeholder engagement and provide advice and techniques.
- A guide to involving Aboriginal Peoples in contaminated site management
- Addressing psychosocial factors through capacity building: A guide for managers of contaminated sites
- Improving stakeholder relationships: Public involvement and the federal contaminated sites action plan: A guide for site managers
- Date modified: