ARCHIVED - Drug Analysis Report on Designer Drugs Seized in Quebec - June 2007 to July 2008
Cat. No.: H21-233/2007
This report presents a provincial overview of the use of tablets sold as ecstasy or speed. The study focuses on the composition of designer drugs and the trend of tablets seized from various regions of Quebec. It particularly highlights the prevalence of methamphetamine (speed) over MDMA (ecstasy) and its derivatives. The study will be useful to various stakeholders in the education field as well as the health and law enforcement arenas.
This report was produced by the Drug Analysis Services of Health Canada, Quebec Region, with the valuable contribution of the Tobacco Control Programme and the Drug Strategy and Controlled Substances Programme.
With the participation of:
Sûreté du Québec, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the police forces of Montreal, Laval, Longueuil, and Quebec city, as well as Dr. Claude Rouillard from Université Laval.
Table of Contents
- Designer Drugs Sold in Tablet Form
- Source and Composition of Tablets
- Composition of Tablets Containing Amphetaminergic drugs
- Drug Sold Versus Actual Tablet Content
- Prices of Tablets
- Concentration of Amphetaminergic Drugs in the Tablets
- Designer Drugs Sold in Tablet Form --- Often Heterogeneous Combinations
- Date modified: