In life, we encounter certain risks that can have an impact on our health. You can decrease the impact that these risks can have by:
- Increasing your knowledge of diseases and health conditions, and in certain cases, on the steps you can take to help prevent them;
- Becoming aware of how your environment affects your health;
- Choosing not to smoke, or if you already smoke, taking steps to quit;
- Avoiding illicit drugs; and
- Putting an end to other negative lifestyle practices.
What Information is Available?
In this section, you will find information related to a number of health concerns, and the measures you can take to protect yourself and your family:
- Controlled Substances and Precursor Chemicals: Learn about the measures Health Canada is taking to prevent the production of illicit drugs.
- Diseases and Conditions: Find out about many diseases and health conditions, their symptoms, treatments and choices to stay healthy.
- Drug Prevention and Treatment: Learn more about the hazards of illicit drugs use and the risks that drugs pose to the health of your family and your community.
- Emergencies and Disasters: Get informed about the Governments role in responding to emergencies and disasters that can affect the health of Canadians.
- Tobacco: Become more aware about how smoking affects your health and on the steps you can take to stay smoke-free.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: