The aim of Health Canada is to improve the health of all Canadians. A healthy pregnancy and birth, followed by a child's healthy growth and development during the first years of life, will have long-lasting benefits.
What Information is Available?
Health Canada provides information to parents on specific topics in order to reduce the risk of injury and illness and to promote the healthy development of their infants. Health Canada also provides information and tools to assist health professionals and other care providers who deliver programs and services to infants and their parents.
In this section, you will:
- Learn how many unintentional childhood injuries can be prevented if parents and caregivers become more aware of how to make their environment safer for children;
- Learn how to reduce the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS);
- Find out why breastfeeding is best for babies, and what will help to make breastfeeding a successful experience;
- Obtain more information about immunization and how you can protect your baby from vaccine-preventable diseases; and
- Find out about important issues in infant development and care.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: