There's nothing like getting away on a vacation to help you relax and unwind from the stresses of today's busy lifestyles. This being said, you will want to make sure that you take precautions in order to stay healthy on your trip and return home healthy.
What Can You Do?
You should be aware of the health conditions in the country where you will be travelling, as well as the precautions you should take before you leave. To do so, please consult the following resources:
- Travel.gc.ca - Information on destination safety and security, local laws and customs, entry requirements, health conditions, and emergency contact information for Canadian offices around the world.
- Travel Health - Short, easy-to-read fact sheet, which provides tips to help you enjoy safe travel.
- Travel Health Notices - Information about recent disease outbreaks in other countries.
- Travel Health Fact Sheets
- Shopping outside of Canada - Prepare yourself before you go. Be aware of consumer products that have safety requirements.
- General Advice - Help you avoid illness during travel.
If you are a health care professional, you may need to give travel health advice to Canadians travelling abroad. The Public Health Agency of Canada Travel Medicine Program provides you with additional travel health information, advice and guidelines through:
Health Canada also protects you and all visitors that come to Canada through its inspection programs.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: