Know More: Opioid public awareness
The Know More public awareness initiative aims to engage teens and young adults on the facts surrounding the opioid crisis and health risks associated with problematic opioid use.
On this page
About Know More
The public awareness initiative includes a national touring exhibit that encourages participants to learn about opioids through interactive activities covering the following topics:
- What are opioids?
- What is fentanyl?
- Overdose awareness and understanding the crisis in Canada
- Signs of an overdose
- The Good Samaritan Drug Overdose Act
- Addressing stigma towards people who use drugs
Know More is supported by a broader marketing campaign to ensure that Canadians, especially youth, learn about the facts surrounding the crisis and health risks associated with problematic opioid use. The aim is to reach as many communities across the country as possible. Engagement is further increased through our supporting materials, which are available to view or order:
- Opioid overdose: Wallet card
- Opioid overdose poster
- Good Samaritan Drug Overdose Act poster
- Fact sheets
- Know More kit
- Order a copy of the Know More kit
- The kit includes a copy of each of the following resources (not available to order individually):
Request a tour visit or order multiple Know More kits
Complete the following form to request a tour visit to your school or to request multiple copies of the Know More kit.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: