Find information about the risks of problematic substance use, smoking and vaping. Learn about healthy pregnancy and environmental factors that can affect your health.
Services and information
Get information on blood donation and how to become an organ and tissue donor. Also discover how the Government of Canada supports donation efforts.
Learn about substances that have the potential to cause harm, including illegal and prescription drugs and alcohol. Includes information on how to address issues related to problematic substance use.
Learn about preconception health and helpful information for a safe and healthy pregnancy.
Learn about vaping, tobacco products, effects of smoking, second-hand smoke, prevention and quitting.
Learn about environmental factors affecting your health such as sun exposure, air quality, pests and pesticides, as well as safety tips for home and garden.
Find information about childhood obesity. Also learn how to encourage children to have healthy eating habits and an active lifestyle.
Find safety information on boating and horsepower restrictions, proof of competency, recreational water activities, life jackets and personal flotation devices.
Find safety information on baby slings, strollers, bottles and pacifiers. Also learn about infant nutrition.
Learn how to encourage children to be active and make active transportation a part of your lifestyle.
Find information on bunk beds, cribs, cradles and bassinets. Also find safe sleep tips and guidelines on children's sleepwear.
Find information on preventing, managing and treating sexually transmitted infections like genital herpes, chlamydia, human papillomavirus and gonorrhea.
Find safety information to prevent injuries at home and outdoors.
Mental health, mental illness, suicide prevention, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), Cannabis and mental health.
Elder abuse, age-friendly communities, falls, mental health and support.
Includes essential information on understanding travel health and safety risks and preventive measures to take before and during your trip.
Maintaining good oral hygiene, preventing oral diseases and understanding fluoride.
Youth health topics, including quitting smoking, problematic substance use, cybersafety, sexual health and more.
Learn when to wash your hands and how to wash them properly.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- A Common Vision for increasing physical activity and reducing sedentary living in Canada: Let's Get Moving
- Family-Centred Maternity and Newborn Care: National Guidelines
- Guidance for Evaluating Human Health Impacts in Environmental Assessments: Country Foods
- Canadian Immunization Guide
- Consultation - Reducing Youth Access and Appeal of Vaping Products: Potential Regulatory Measures
- Consultation - Potential measures to reduce the impact of vaping products advertising on youth and non-users of tobacco products
- Consultation on Proposals to Amend the Tobacco Reporting Regulations
- Consultation on proposals for the regulation of vaping products
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: