Infographic: Immigration Matters to Canada’s health-care sector
Text version: Infographic: Immigration Matters to Canada’s health-care sector
Source: Statistics Canada, 2016 Census
Immigrants make up 1 out of 4 health-care sector workers, including:
- 36% of general practitioners
- 27% of licensed practical nurses
- 36% of pharmacists
Immigrants in Canada’s health-care sector between 2011 and 2016:
- less than 40% were employed in residential care facilities, nursing or home health-care services
Projected shortages in the health-care sector:
- Almost 500,000 workers are 55+ with many retiring in the next decade.
- Immigrants can help fill these important jobs.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: