National essay challenge
Download the poster
To promote innovative, policy-relevant research by up-and-coming scholars, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is running the National Essay Challenge for graduate students in Canadian universities.
- you must be a graduate student enrolled at a Canadian university for the 2018 to 2019 academic year
- your essay must be either an empirical research paper, using qualitative or quantitative methodologies, or an evidence-based policy paper related to IRCC’s mandate
- the essay cannot be co-authored and you must have the support of a professor
What’s in it for me?
Up to 6 finalists will receive:
- an IRCC certificate of achievement
- an invitation to present at the International Metropolis Conference 2019 in Ottawa-Gatineau and at an IRCC Research Matters Event, with $500 in addition to travel and conference fees paid
- the possibility of an internship or offer of casual employment from IRCC
How do I enter?
- send an email to IRCC.NEC-CNE.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to access the National Essay Challenge group on GCcollab, where you will find information about the requirements of the Challenge
- once you are a member of the National Essay Challenge GCcollab group, you will need to submit your working essay title by November 15, 2018
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: