Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: 2020 National Essay Challenge
Download the poster
To promote policy-relevant research by emerging scholars, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is running the 2020 National Essay Challenge for graduate students in Canadian universities.
- You must be a graduate student enrolled at a Canadian university for the 2019 to 2020 academic year.
- Your essay must be an empirical research paper, using qualitative or quantitative methodologies.
- The essay can’t be co-authored and you must have the support of a professor.
Selected students will receive
- an IRCC certificate of achievement
- an invitation to present their essay in Ottawa at an IRCC Research Matters event (with travel paid)
- a sum of $500 going toward participating in an academic conference
How to enter
- First, send an email to IRCC.NEC-CNE.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to access the 2020 National Essay Challenge group on GCcollab, where you’ll find information about the Challenge requirements.
- Once you’re a member of the 2020 National Essay Challenge GCcollab group, you’ll need to submit your expression of interest by January 31, 2020.
- If you’re planning to access Statistics Canada’s Research Data Centres, you’ll need to have submitted your application by November 6, 2019.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: