Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: 2021 National Essay Challenge
Download the poster
To promote policy-relevant research by emerging scholars, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is running the 2021 National Essay Challenge for graduate students in Canadian universities.
- You must be a graduate student enrolled at a Canadian university for the 2020 to 2021 academic year.
- Your essay must be an empirical research paper, using qualitative or quantitative methodologies.
- The essay cannot be co-authored and you must have the support of a professor.
How do I enter?
- First, send an email to IRCC.NEC-CNE.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to access the 2021 National Essay Challenge group on GCcollab, where you will find information about the Challenge requirements.
- Once you are a member of the 2021 National Essay Challenge GCcollab group, you will need to submit your expression of interest by June 21, 2021.
Selected students will receive
- an IRCC certificate of achievement
- an invitation to present their essay at an IRCC Research Matters event (in Ottawa with travel paid or via video conference)
- a sum of $500 going toward participating in an academic conference
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: