Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: 2022 National Essay Challenge
Download the poster
Join the discussion on immigration in Canada by participating in the 2022 National Essay Challenge (NEC), now in its fourth edition to promote policy-relevant research by emerging scholars. New this year, the contest will accept applications from graduating fourth-year students, in addition to graduate students enrolled at a Canadian university.
- You must be a graduating fourth-year student or a graduate student enrolled at a Canadian university for the 2022 to 2023 academic year.
- Your essay must be a research paper in English or French between 10-12 pages in length, using qualitative and/or quantitative methodologies.
- The essay cannot be co-authored and you must have the support of a professor.
How do I enter?
- First, send an email to IRCC.NEC-CNE.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to access the 2022 National Essay Challenge group on GCcollab, where you will find information about the Challenge requirements.
- Once you are a member of the 2022 National Essay Challenge GCcollab group, you must submit your expression of interest by October 10, 2022.
Selected students will receive
- an IRCC certificate of achievement
- an invitation to present their essay at an IRCC Research Matters event (in Ottawa with travel expenses paid or via videoconference)
- a prize of $750 towards participating in an academic conference
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: