Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #141 – April 9, 2020
Results: Rounds of invitations
Provincial nominee Program
Number of invitations issued: 606Footnote *
Rank required to be invited to apply: 606th or above
Date and time of round: April 9, 2020 at 14:14:53 UTC
CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 698
Tie-breaking rule: December 18, 2019 at 11:29:51 UTC
- If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.
The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, pursuant to paragraphs 10.3(1)(i)a and (j)b of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Actc, gives the annexed Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence Under the Express Entry System (April 9, 2020).
Ottawa, April 9, 2020
Marco E. L. Mendicino
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system (April 7, 2020)
1 The following definitions apply in these Instructions.
- eligible foreign national
- means a foreign national whose expression of interest is in the express entry pool established by the Express Entry Instructions. (étranger admissible)
- Express Entry Instructions
- means the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014, as amended from time to time. (Instructions concernant le système Entrée express)
- specific ranking
- means (a) for a class referred to in any of paragraphs 2(a) to(c) of the Express Entry Instructions, the ranking established only among the eligible foreign nationals who are eligible to be invited to make an application in that class; and (b) for the class referred to in paragraph 2(d) of those Instructions, the ranking established only among the eligible foreign nationals who are members of that class. (classement spécifique)
- has the same meaning as in section 1 of the Express Entry Instructions. (invitation)
Invitations — Period
2 Invitations to be issued under these Ministerial Instructions during the period beginning on April 9, 2020 and ending on April 10, 2020.
Invitations — Number
3 The number of invitations that may be issued for a class referred to in column 1 of the table of this section is the number set out in column 2.
|Classes||Number of Invitations|
|Class referred to in paragraph 2(a) of the Express Entry Instructions (Federal Skilled Worker)||0|
|Class referred to in paragraph 2(b) of the Express Entry Instructions (Canadian Experience)||0|
|Class referred to in paragraph 2(c) of the Express Entry Instructions (Federal Skilled Trades)||0|
|Class referred to in paragraph 2(d) of the Express Entry Instructions (Provincial nominee)||606|
Invitations — Rank
4 Invitations may be issued to eligible foreign nationals who are ranked as follows:
(a) in the case of the class referred to in paragraph 2(b) of the Express Entry Instructions, they must be ranked among the first 606 eligible foreign nationals in the specific ranking for that class.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: