Mandate — Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) was created in 1994 to:
- link immigration services with citizenship registration
- promote the unique ideals all Canadians share and
- help build a stronger Canada.
Since then, IRCC has taken over the administration of the passport program.
Mandate, mission and vision
Our mandate comes from the Department of Citizenship and Immigration Act. The Minister for Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada is responsible for the Citizenship Act of 1977 and shares responsibility with the Minister of Public Safety for the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).
Effective July 2, 2013, primary responsibility for Passport Canada and the administration of the Canadian Passport Order and the Order Respecting the Issuance of Diplomatic and Special Passports moved from the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada.
IRCC and its partners will build a stronger Canada by:
- Developing and implementing policies, programs and services that:
- facilitate the arrival of people and their integration into Canada in a way that maximizes their contribution to the country while protecting the health, safety and security of Canadians;
- maintain Canada’s humanitarian tradition by protecting refugees and people in need of protection;
- enhance the values and promote the rights and responsibilities of Canadian citizenship; and
- reach out to all Canadians and foster increased intercultural understanding and an integrated society with equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, ethnicity and religion.
- Advancing global migration policies in a way that supports Canada’s immigration and humanitarian objectives.
Vision for a stronger Canada
A stronger Canada – a safe and secure country with a shared bond of citizenship and values; a country that continues to support our humanitarian tradition and draws the best from the world to help build a nation that is economically, socially and culturally prosperous.
Find our service standards – from the time we receive your application to the final decision
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: