Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #96 – August 8, 2018
Results: Rounds of invitations
No program specified
Number of invitations issued: 3,750Footnote *
Rank required to be invited to apply: 3,750th or above
Date and time of round: August 8, 2018 at 11:56:30 UTC
CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 440
Tie-breaking rule: January 31, 2018 at 00:06:40 UTC
- If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.
The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, pursuant to section 10.3(1)(i) and (j) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, gives the annexed Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence under the Express Entry System (August 8, 2018).
Ottawa, August 8, 2018
Ahmed D. Hussen
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system (August 8, 2018)
1 The following definitions apply in these Instructions.
- eligible foreign national
- means a foreign national whose expression of interest is in the express entry pool established by the Express Entry Instructions. (étranger admissible)
- Express Entry Instructions
- means the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014, as amended from time to time. (Instructions concernant le système Entrée express)
- general ranking
means the ranking of eligible foreign nationals relative to each other, regardless of the class under which they can receive an invitation. (classement général)
- has the same meaning as in section 1 of the Express Entry Instructions. (invitation)
Invitations — Period
2 Invitations may be issued under these Ministerial Instructions during the period beginning on August 8, 2018, and ending on August 9, 2018.
Invitations — Number
3 The number of invitations that may be issued is 3,750.
Invitations — Rank
4 For an eligible foreign national to be invited to make an application, they must be ranked among the first 3,750 eligible foreign nationals in the general ranking.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: