Operational Bulletin 501 - February 21, 2013
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
Settlement Program: Implementation of the Annual Performance Report for Community Partnerships
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is implementing the Annual Performance Report for Community Partnerships to facilitate reporting by Service Provider Organizations (SPOs) providing indirect services under the Settlement Program. This Operational Bulletin describes the changes required and provides guidance to Settlement Officers.
CIC is implementing the Annual Performance Report for Community Partnerships, to be completed annually by SPOs receiving funding under the Settlement Program for the coordination of a community partnership.
- The Annual Project Performance Report (APPR) was implemented in 2012 as a component of the Performance Measurement Strategy for the Settlement Program. The APPR was designed to facilitate reporting by SPOs on direct services to newcomer clients.
- The Annual Performance Report for Community Partnerships (the Report) introduced here supplements the APPR and expands reporting against settlement outcomes to SPOs providing indirect services in the form of a community partnership (e.g., Local Immigration Partnerships, Francophone Immigration Networks, sector-specific partnerships).
- The Report focuses on the results of the activities under partnerships, with specific attention to outcomes for newcomers and communities. It will allow CIC to better assess the collective impact of partnerships on settlement outcomes, inform policy decisions and program development, and facilitate the sharing of successful practices.
- Effective immediately, the Report should be filled annually by all SPOs receiving funding under the Settlement Program to provide indirect services via a community partnership:
- This includes Local Immigration Partnerships, Francophone Immigration Networks, regional associations involving employers or associations creating employment opportunities for newcomers (such as regional newcomer employment networks) or other types of community-based or sector-specific partnerships.
- SPOs should not fill this Report to report on the delivery of direct services, which should be accounted for using the APPR.
- The Report covers a period of one fiscal year (April 1 to March 31) and is due annually by no later than May 31.
Responsibilities of Settlement Officers:
- Inform all SPOs that have an existing Settlement Program contribution agreement (CA) with CIC for the delivery of a community partnership of this new requirement, and provide them with the necessary documents (Report template, Guide, Communiqué);
- Serve as the primary contact for SPOs regarding questions and comments about the Report;
- At the end of each fiscal year, send a notification or reminder to SPOs that Reports are due no later than May 31;
- When Reports are submitted by SPOs, read and review the Reports and coordinate any missing information or required clarification with the SPO.
Responsibilities of Service Provider Organizations (to be communicated by the Settlement Officers):
- SPOs that deliver indirect services under the Settlement Program in the form of a community partnership must complete one Report annually:
- For a one-year (or less) CA only one Report is required no later than 60 days after the end of the CA;
- For a multi-year CA: one Report is required at the end of each fiscal year (e.g., a 3-year agreement = 3 separate Reports); and
- For SPOs funded under the Settlement Program both for the delivery of direct services and the coordination of a community partnership: these SPOs are required to complete both the APPR (for direct services) and the Annual Performance Report for Community Partnerships (for the activities of the community partnership).
- SPOs must submit their Reports electronically to their Settlement Officer along with any attachment (e.g., logic model, documents produced, copies of media coverage);
- The first round of Reports for existing Settlement Program CAs for 2012-2013 will be due no later than May 31, 2013 (60 days after the end of the fiscal year).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: