This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
Clients may choose to pay their fees using the online payment tool on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website by creating an account and then selecting the service they wish to pay for and provide an e-mail address. Once the payment has been approved, the client will receive a payment receipt via e-mail.
The client will need to:
- pay online by credit card and include the CVV code (a numeric 3 or 4 digit code usually located on the back of the credit card):
- American Express;
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB); or
- prepaid credit card.
- pay online by Debit card from a participating Canadian bank using online Interac or a Visa debit;
- print a copy of the receipt;
- attach a copy of the printed receipt to the application; and
- send this copy with the application to the designated IRCC office for processing as per the application instructions.
- Clients who do not enter a valid CVV and/or address will not be able to pay online as their transaction will be declined.
- If the client does not receive the payment receipt by e-mail, they may go back to IRCC website and retrieve their official receipt by using their created account.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: