Biometrics collection and screening
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
This section deals with the collection and use of biometric information from applicable temporary residence applicants; Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada asylum applicants; and overseas resettlement applicants.
Directives and procedures
- What biometrics are collected and who must provide biometrics
- Biometrics exemptions
- Where and when biometrics are collected
- Biometric fee
- Biometric validity periods
- Step-by-step collection procedures
- Conditions that interfere with biometrics collection
- Applicants requiring special assistance
- Administration and troubleshooting
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: