Permanent Resident Card and Status
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
This section provides policy and procedural guidelines to staff concerning all aspects of the permanent resident card (PR card) and status, including:
- issuance, delivery, distribution, expiry and revocation;
- application requirements, document standards and kits;
- enforcement, investigations and quality control;
- anti-fraud and quality assurance; and
- replacement of cards reported lost, stolen or mutilated.
Program Delivery Instructions
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: