Permanent resident program: Economic classes
Special measures are currently in effect due to the disruption of services associated with impacts of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). See further instructions:
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
This section provides instructions for processing applications submitted under economic classes, for which applicants are selected on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada.
All economic classes are subject to the definition of a dependent child.
- Federal skilled workers (FSW)
- Canadian experience class (CEC)
- Federal skilled trades (FST)
- Start-up business class
- Investors (OP 9 (PDF, 206.88KB))
- Entrepreneurs and self-employed persons (OP 8 (PDF, 488.13KB), IP 7 (PDF, 164.76KB))
- Self-employed persons class
- Quebec Economic Classes
- Provincial nominees
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot Programs
- Caregiver classes
- Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot Program
- Agri-Food Pilot (AFP)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: