Atlantic Immigration Program (AIP)
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
IRCC started accepting permanent residence applications under the Atlantic Immigration Program (AIP) on March 6, 2022.
The AIP is an economic program targeted to foreign nationals with job offers in the Atlantic region, who have received an endorsement by an Atlantic province and who meet minimum education, work experience and language proficiency requirements. This section describes how to process applications for permanent residence submitted by applicants in the AIP.
On this page
- Application process and who can apply
- Completeness check upon receipt
- Putting an application into processing
- Assessing the application against selection criteria
- Ability to become economically established and intent to reside in the endorsing Atlantic province
- Other situations
- Temporary resident visas and work permits
- Admissibility and making a final decision
- Examination before granting permanent residence
- Date modified: