Quebec economic classes: Completeness check and fees
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
Applicants are required to submit their complete application, including all required forms, fees, information and supporting documents to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
The CIO reviews applications received for completeness according to the document checklist requirements in place at the time the application is received by the CIO.
- If the application meets the requirements of R10, including the document checklist requirements in place at the time of the application is received, the CIO:
- enters the application information into GCMS
- recovers the processing fee
- informs the applicant
- forwards the complete application to the appropriate office for processing.
Once processing has begun, the processing fees are no longer refundable.
- If the application does not meet the requirements of R10, including the application kit requirements in place at the time the application is received, the CIO returns the application to the applicant along with the fees. For incomplete applications, the CIO records in GCMS that an application was received and returned to the applicant and takes no further action unless a complete application is made.
The lock-in date for Quebec applications for permanent resident (APR) is the date of receipt at CIO-Sydney. In certain circumstances, IRCC will prioritize files that Quebec identifies as a priority.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: