This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
CIC is changing the way operational guidance is provided. Learn how to navigate the new format.
Applicants in certain classes must have adequate knowledge of either English or French to immigrate or work in Canada.
Evidence of language proficiency
- IRCC publications and manuals
- Integrity concerns with respect to language test results
- Canadian experience class
- Caring for children and caring for people with high medical needs
- Home Child-Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot
- Federal skilled trades
- Federal skilled workers
- Live-in caregivers
- Provincial nominees
- Immigrant Investor Venture Capital
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: