This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
Applicants in certain classes must have adequate knowledge of either English or French to immigrate or work in Canada.
Evidence of language proficiency
- IRCC publications and manuals
- Integrity concerns with respect to language test results
- Canadian experience class
- Caring for children and caring for people with high medical needs
- Home Child-Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot
- Federal skilled trades
- Federal skilled workers
- Live-in caregivers
- Provincial nominees
- Immigrant Investor Venture Capital
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: