Program delivery update – February 5, 2015
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
Update to Express Entry instructions relating to certain economic permanent residence programs
This update provides instructions on how to assess an application on A11.2, which is a new authority that supports the Express Entry system.
Under A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their Comprehensive Ranking System score at
- the time the applicant was issued an invitation to apply; or
- the time the electronic application for permanent residence was received by CIC.
This update also includes
- the addition of minimum entry criteria to the program delivery instructions glossary;
- clarification of lock-in dates for applications for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) and the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), submitted through Express Entry; and
- clarification of the requirements to submit a complete application.
For further information, please contact OMC-GOC-Immigration@cic.gc.ca.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: