Functional guidance on Temporary Resident Permits now modernized – April 14, 2015
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
April 14, 2015
As of April 14, 2015, the information that was contained in the following manual chapters can now be found in the new Temporary Resident Permit PDIs:
- OP20: Temporary Resident Permits
- IP 1: Temporary Resident Permits
The transition table will help you find where previous manual content can now be found in the new format. You can also use the section’s table of contents for a listing of all pages by topic.
As part of this update, the following changes have also been made:
- A new section on considerations specific to inadmissibility on criminality grounds has been added
- A new section on considerations specific to to inadmissibility on health grounds has been added
- A new section on considerations specific to stateless children of Canadian citizens has been added
- The section on Temporary Resident Permits (TRPs) for victims of human trafficking has been revised to address the legislative ban and to clarify that section 24 of IRPA allows an Officer to issue, on their own initiative, a TRP to a victim of human trafficking who is barred for five years from requesting a TRP
Links to new instructions:
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: