Program delivery update: International Experience Canada criteria
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
December 6, 2018
The program delivery instructions (PDIs) on the International Experience Canada (IEC) Program have been updated. The changes pertain to the following:
- job offer requirements and assessment criteria for the Young Professionals category
- cases where a National Occupational Classification C is accepted for the Young Professionals category
- clarification of when an IEC participant can be self-employed
- how an IEC participant with an employer-specific work permit can work for the same employer in various locations
- eligibility criteria to extend an IEC participation and the fees required for these extensions
For relevance and consistency, information on when an IEC participant can change employers has been moved from the “Processing procedures” PDIs to the “Extending the period of participation or changing employers under the International Experience Canada Program” PDIs.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: