Program delivery update: Business visitors [R186(a)]
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
June 3, 2019
The following changes have been made to the instructions related to business visitors under the International Mobility Program:
- The list of examples of work-related activities that business visitors are permitted to undertake in Canada has been updated.
- A link to the officer’s quick reference guide to occupations had been added.
- A list of suggested documentation that should be provided at the point of application has been updated.
- Clarification has been made regarding when a visitor record should be issued to business visitors.
- Information on activities that constitute after-sales and lease services has been added.
- The sections on trainers and trainees as well as on intra-company training and installation activities have been amalgamated and updated.
- Additional instructions for officers assessing those working in Canada on commercial shoots have been added.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: