Program delivery update: Study permits: Who needs a study permit

This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.

June 25, 2019

Instructions regarding study permit requirements for dependent family members of accredited foreign representatives have been updated under the heading “Family members and members of the private staff of accredited foreign representatives [R188(1)(a)]”. Foreign representatives’ dependent family members whose status has ended, and who wish to remain in Canada to continue their studies, must regularize their status by applying for a study permit.

Updated instructions

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: