Program delivery update: COVID-19 – Pre-departure COVID-19 testing
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
January 7, 2021
As part of the Government of Canada’s response to the coronavirus pandemic, and specifically the emergence of a new variant of COVID-19, air travellers 5 years of age or older will be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result to the airline prior to boarding international flights bound for Canada starting January 7, 2021. Processing of travel exemptions will proceed as usual.
- Temporary residence: COVID-19 program delivery
- Temporary resident visas (TRVs) (visitor visas)
- Electronic travel authorization (eTA)
- Students – Travel to Canada: COVID-19 program delivery
- Work permit: COVID-19 program delivery
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: