Program delivery update: Residential summer camp counsellors [R205(b) – C20] – Canadian interests - International Mobility Program
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
June 15, 2021
The instructions were updated to clarify that in situations where residential summer camps run past the beginning of fall (September 21), officers should consider when the camp will run and when the majority of the camp counsellor’s work will take place.
Other updates include the following:
- Existing instructions were reorganized under a new header, “Eligibility”.
- New instructions were added under a new header, “Offer of employment submitted through the Employer Portal”, to guide officers on specific fields that should be reviewed in the Global Case Management System (GCMS).
- Instructions related to documentary evidence were revised and included under a new header, “Supporting documents for proof of experience or education”.
- The letter from the employer outlining the organization’s purpose and mission and the type of camp (residential versus day camp) is no longer required. The employer should include this information in the offer of employment submitted to IRCC through the Employer Portal.
- New instructions were added to clarify that some documents can be used in different slots (in the online application system) if they fill more than one purpose. For example, an employment reference and a letter from the current employer could be the same letter but used for 2 different purposes.
- The section titled “Work permit issuance in GCMS” was updated and reformatted. Information about coding and work permit issuance is now included in a new table.
- A new note was added to remind officers that other similar titles under the relevant National Occupational Classification (NOC) should be considered if they meet the same qualifications as a camp counsellor.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: