Program delivery update: Study permits – Who needs a study permit

This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.

January 17, 2023

Settlement and integration courses from a provincial or territorial government are activities not considered studies for the purposes of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and do not require a study permit. Thus, the information below has been added to the list of studies that do not require a study permit:

Updated instructions

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: