Evaluation of the Canadian Experience Class: Management Response Action Plan
Management Response Action Plan
Given that implementation of the CEC program under Express Entry differs from the program approach considered in the current evaluation, it is recommended that CIC monitor the human capital profile of CEC candidates processed under Express Entry, relative to CEC candidates processed prior to its introduction, as well as candidates assigned to the other economic immigration streams under Express Entry, to assess the continued relevance and performance of the CEC.
CIC agrees with the recommendation.
CIC agrees that the significant changes made in recent years to the CEC’s policy and operational contexts require careful monitoring of program results, including vis-à-vis other Express Entry streams.
Monitoring of the human capital profile of CEC candidates and applicants and other Express Entry streams is already being undertaken as part of the ongoing monitoring of Express Entry implementation and early results.
- CIC will monitor the human capital profiles of CEC and other Express Entry programs and identify trends and issues including those relating to the continued relevance and performance of the CEC through monthly reporting to senior management policy and operations committees.
- Accountability: Strategic Policy and Planning. Support: Operations Performance Management Branch, Immigration Branch, Research & Evaluation.
- Completion date: Monthly Reporting. Q2 2016/17 (Formative Assessment) and ongoing.
As part of the Express Entry governance structure, trends and issues are reported monthly to policy and operational senior management committees, as well as within CIC’s corporate committee structure.
Some of the early results noted in this evaluation as trends to monitor given their potential impact on CEC outcomes, are already undergoing analysis.
- CIC will assess and make adjustments to Express Entry and the CEC (as required) to ensure they continue to meet departmental and Government-wide priorities.
- Accountability: Immigration Branch. Support: Strategic Policy and Planning.
- Completion date: Q4 2016/17 (Formative Assessment) and ongoing.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: