Evaluation of the Strategic Plan for Settlement and Language Training under the Canada-Ontario Immigration Agreement (COIA)
Purpose of the evaluation
This report presents the findings of the evaluation of the Strategic Plan for Settlement and Language Training under the Canada-Ontario Immigration Agreement (COIA).
The purpose of the evaluation was to provide an objective assessment of the relevance of the Strategic Plan in terms of:
- need for the Strategic Plan;
- consistency with government roles and responsibilities defined in COIA;
- alignment with priorities and objectives;
and the performance of the Strategic Plan in terms of:
- progress in implementing the actions proposed in the Strategic Plan; and
- the effectiveness of the implementation of the Strategic Plan, including its design and delivery, and the capacity of the delivery partners to lead, manage, and monitor activities.
Contents of the document
The report is organized into four main sections: Section 1 describes the context of the Strategic Plan in terms of its background, objectives, stakeholders and resources; Section 2 describes the evaluation methodology; Section 3 presents the overall findings; and Section 4 presents conclusions and recommendations. The report is supplemented by an appendix which provides a detailed description of the methodologies used in this evaluation including the data collection instruments and a profile of the projects funded under the Plan.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: