VAC service changes in Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas
Ottawa, September 6, 2018 – Visa application centres (VACs) have contracts with the Government of Canada to give you visa application support services and biometrics services.
- Current contracts with the VACs in Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas will be expiring on November 1, 2018.
- New contracts will be starting on November 2, 2018, resulting in some service changes.
- Some VACs will change service provider.
Before November 2, 2018, you can get the following services as a package at all VACs:
- submitting your paper application
- sending your documents (such as passport) and returning them to you
- collecting your biometrics (fingerprints and photograph) by appointment and/or walk-in
Starting November 2, 2018, VACs in Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas require you to:
- pay an extra fee to submit your application (fee is different by location)
- make an appointment to provide your biometrics (no more walk-in)
Some VACs in the regions will also be moving or closing. Visit your VAC’s website regularly to stay updated.
Changes to VACs in Africa, Europe, and the Middle East won’t take effect until November 2, 2019.
We’re working with all VACs to ensure a smooth transition and to ensure that you receive the services you’ve paid for.
VACs closing permanently on November 30, 2018
- Perth, Australia
- Surabaya, Indonesia
The last day they will accept applications and collect biometrics is November 1, 2018. You can pick up your documents (such as passport) from November 2 to November 30, 2018.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: