Application for Rehabilitation for Persons Who Are Inadmissible to Canada Because of Past Criminal Activity

If you have criminal convictions in Canada but no foreign convictions, you can apply to the Parole Board of Canada for a record of suspension. You do not need to fill out this application.

You can apply for rehabilitation if at least five years have passed since you finished your criminal sentence.

If less than five years has passed, you can fill out the form and check “For Information Only.” An officer will decide if you can get special permission to come to Canada temporarily.

You can use this application if you are inside or outside Canada. Contact a Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada centre in Canada or a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate outside Canada.

Read the Instruction Guide to fill out your application forms.


Find out if you are eligible

Page details

Date modified: