Application to Remain in Canada as a Temporary Resident Permit Holder
Use this application if you are already in Canada on a temporary resident permit and you want to:
- apply for another temporary resident permit so you can stay longer
- change the conditions of your stay
- change your type of temporary status
- correct problems with your status
It is important to apply before your current status expires.
This application package includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5557] (PDF, 291.62KB) May 2016
- Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Visitor or Temporary Resident Permit Holder [IMM 5708] (PDF, 477.39KB) February 2018
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 636.51KB) April 2015
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31KB) September 2015
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5554]
How to use this application package
- Filling out the form on a computer is easier than filling it out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down your application.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click the link and select “Save Target As....” You can also find out more about downloading files in the Help Centre.
To make sure you submit all the pages:
Click the "Validate" button. This button is at the top and bottom of the form.
Note: Validate the form before you print it. This will help make sure that you have answered all the questions. It will help avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: