Application to work in Canada — work permits including open work permits
You need different forms depending on how you’re applying and where you’re applying from. Tell us more to get the forms you need.
Before you apply online, make sure you have:
- the instruction guide to fill out the forms
- visa office requirements for your country
- a scanner or camera
- a valid credit or debit card
Depending on your situation, you may need to submit Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 637 KB)
You need an account to apply online. Use it to pay your fees, check your status and extend your permit.
- The instruction guide to prepare and submit your application
- Document checklist for a work permit [IMM 5488] (PDF, 1.52 MB)
- Visa office requirements for your country
- Details of Education/Employment/Travel form [IMM 0104] (PDF, 1.71 MB)
- Application for Work Permit made outside Canada
- Family Information Form [IMM 5707] (PDF, 1.53 MB)
- Visa application photograph specifications
- Depending on your situation, you may need to submit:
All applicants must fill out and sign their own form, including people travelling as part of a family. If you’re under 18, your parent or guardian must sign your form.
Validate, sign and include the barcode form on top of your application. Learn how to use the electronic application form.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: