Create an account or sign in
Canada Post is currently in labour negotiations. Failed negotiations could lead to delays in:
- receiving applications mailed within or to Canada
- sending mail to you
If you’re planning on traveling to Canada or submitting an application, (including for a passport or other travel document) apply early.
Visit Canada Post for more information before sending any application by mail. We’ll keep you updated as we learn more.
You need to give your biometrics
You now need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) when you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit, or permanent residence if you are from Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Find out who needs to give biometrics.
With your account, you can apply, pay your fees and check your status for some applications.
You can create and sign in to an account using:
- your online banking login (Sign-In Partner)
- a Government of Canada login (GCKey)
What's the difference?
- Sign-in Partner (SecureKey Concierge) uses your online banking information
- GCKey is the Government of Canada credential
Online applications: After we receive your application, it may take up to 5 days for you to see it in your account. We are working to make this wait time shorter. If your application does not appear after 5 days, contact us and report a technical problem. This issue will not delay processing of your application.
- Use the same sign in information you use for other online services (for example, online banking)
- None of your information will be shared with us. Your Sign-In Partner will not know which government service you are using.
- You will temporarily leave Canada.ca to use your Sign-In Partner
View the full list of Sign-In Partners
- Affinity Credit Union
- Alberta Treasury Branches
- BMO Financial Group
- Choice Rewards MasterCard
- CIBC Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Desjardins Group
- National Bank of Canada
- RBC Royal Bank
- TD Bank Group
- Sign in with a GCKey user ID and password if you don't use a Sign-In Partner.
- Register for a GCKey user ID and password if you don't have one.
Top questions about online services
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: