Create an account or sign in
We plan to expand our fingerprint and photo requirements
Starting July 31, 2018, you may need to give your fingerprints and photos (biometrics) when you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit, or permanent residence if you are from Europe, the Middle East or Africa.
Find out if these changes may apply to you.
With your account, you can apply, pay your fees and check your status for some applications.
You can create and sign in to an account using:
- your online banking login (Sign-In Partner)
- a Government of Canada login (GCKey)
What's the difference?
- Sign-in Partner (SecureKey Concierge) uses your online banking information
- GCKey is the Government of Canada credential
Online applications: After we receive your application, it may take up to 5 days for you to see it in your account. We are working to make this wait time shorter. If your application does not appear after 5 days, contact us and report a technical problem. This issue will not delay processing of your application.
- Use the same sign in information you use for other online services (for example, online banking)
- None of your information will be shared with us. Your Sign-In Partner will not know which government service you are using.
- You will temporarily leave Canada.ca to use your Sign-In Partner
View the full list of Sign-In Partners
- Affinity Credit Union
- Alberta Treasury Branches
- BMO Financial Group
- Choice Rewards MasterCard
- CIBC Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Desjardins Group
- National Bank of Canada
- RBC Royal Bank
- TD Bank Group
- Sign in with a GCKey user ID and password if you don't use a Sign-In Partner.
- Register for a GCKey user ID and password if you don't have one.
Top questions about online services
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: