Prepare for arrival

When your adoptive child arrives in Canada, they’ll be met by an officer from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).

The CBSA officer will ask to see the child’s passport or travel documents.

If there is a second adoptive parent that is not travelling with you and your child, make sure you have any documents the CBSA officer may require. For example: letters of permission for children travelling with only 1 legal guardian.

Health care, travel health and adoption

Find information on

  • the health needs of adopted children
  • travel health for adoptive parents and children

Page details

Date modified: